Roleplay Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Smoke Thief

3 posters

Go down

The Black Smoke Thief Empty The Black Smoke Thief

Post by Purplez with a Z Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:51 am

The Black Smoke Thief, both as stealthy as a wolf and as beautiful as the jewels she steals. Renne Hawthorne is a witch living among the mortals. Though no one knows her heredity. She lives at the edge of London, England far away enough for no one to suspect her as the newest thief in the 18th century. She, however, has a bounty on her head for 1 millions dollars and so, witches and warlocks are after her. But, Lord Matthews, a human, is quite interested in the stunning smoke thief and has placed a reward for her capture. Will she be caught in the act by Lord Matthews and reveal her true-self or will she be placed in a steel cell, slowly sinking into the cold grasp of death?

Chapter 1; The Newest Lady
She smiled. Lord Langfords precious 30 karat garnet ring abandoned on his mahogany desk. "What a beauty this is." she said, picking up the ring. It shined a crimson color in the moon light. "Theres a thief in the house!! The maid spotted her in the Lords quarters!!!" yelled a guard. "Blasted, I've been discovered, and by a maid no less." she said stuffing the ring into her breeches. She heard footsteps heading her way, and coming fast like a freak train. The door slammed open, "Stop there thief!!!!" yelled a guard. She was halfway out the window, "What am I to do? Either I surrender or I escape?!" she said acting like a wimp of a thief. The guard aimed his gun at her, "Thy name you wench!! Give me thy name!!!" he yelled. She smirked, the boy amused her. She put a finger to her lips as if she were to tell a secret. "Black Smoke." she said, almost in a whisper. The boy gaped at her and yelled, "THE BLACK SMOKE THIEF IS HERE!!!" She smiled and waved, "Ta." She fell out of the window. When the boy ran to it to look out, she was gone. The Black Smoke Thief had once again striked at the dead of night.
She was at her little home, looking at the garnet ring she had placed upon her thumb. "This will be a beautiful addition to my trophies. I think I might have to wait awhile before I wear it to balls or parties." she said, "The Black Smoke Thief strikes again eh?" She took of the breeches and tail coat she was wearing. After putting on her corset and lilac and black laced dress she headed out. With a snap of her fingers a horse coach appeared in front of her, "Good to see milady in such beai'ful clothes." said the horseman. "Why thank you Zane. Don't call me 'milady' please." she said. "Of course. How can I ferget? I'm teri'bly sorry, Miss Renne Hawthorne." he said with a bow. Renne nodded and climbed into the coach. "Where to today Miss Hawthorne?" he asked. "To Lord Nocksfords mansion. He has invited me for a breakfast tea this morning. I assume he wants to make my, the newest Lady of London, presence public. He needs my permission in order to do so." she answered. "Aye ma'am." he said. The coach started to move. She remembered she has left her sun hat in the kitchen, "Blasted." she cursed. She snapped her fingers and there it was, on her head.
When Renne arrived at the Nocksford Mansion, Lady Nocksfords maid was there to greet her, "Hello milady. I am here to show you to the backyard, where the breakfast tea will be held." she said. Renne nodded and followed the maid. By the time they reached the backyard, Lord Nocksford was there sipping his tea. He looked up and smiled, "Lady Hawthorne how nice of you to accepted my invitation!! Come come, it is time to eat and discuss." he said with a bow. Lord Nocksford was a chubby old fellow with a bushy mustache and a small, triangular goatee. A maid poured her tea and walked away, "Lord Nocksford, why did you invite me here? I know it is not a 'just to see you' invitation. My lord, please do answer my question." she said, her expression both showing interest and desire for the knowledge. "If you must know Lady Hawthorne, I wish to make your presence here in London public. I am holding a ball tonight and I wish to make you the guest of honor. Will you both, accept my wish and invitation? Do answer mine as well milady." he said, his expression no as serious as hers. She sighed and sipped her tea, then set it down on its designated small plate, "I accept both. Plus, I do find balls exciting. Not to mention, the Black Smoke Thief might be there! That will make it more exciting for sure!" she said. The lord coughed when she made mention of her other life, "T-the Black S-Smoke Thief?! I'd never be robbed by that wench!" he said, his eyes flashing with both anger and fear. She smiled, though it disappeared before the lord could see it, "I see. But, the lord she just robbed was Lord Langford. You live a block from him my lord." she informed him. The now reddened lord was trembling, though he tried to hide it, "I am sure, no positive that she will by-pass my manner. My dead wife's sapphire necklace is in a safe in which only I know its combination." he said matter-o-factually. "Is it? Well, I bet she won't even go near here. Plus, the ball is tonight and there will be a lot of people around. Noway could she steal your treasure will the people coming. It'd be far too risky, I'd say." she said, lieing through her teeth. The lord's color went back to his face, "Your right. Well by jolly its time for me to take care of the preparations!! I am sorry to cut the tea short milady but I must go! I shall see you tonight!" he said, getting up and walking away. She stood up and walked back to the coach. When she bowed to the maid, another coach had arrived and a gentleman walked out. He looked over at her, "Leaving Mistress?" he asked. Renne nodded, "Aye. But I shall return tonight for the ball." she answered. "Do you know who the guest of honor is Mistress?" he said, asking another question. "Aye, that I do sir. But, alas, I must go. This dress is not worthy of a ball and I have so little time. Good bye, good sir." she said climbing into the coach. They rode off into town.
Lord Matthews watched the coach with the mystery woman leave, "That woman is interesting." he said to his butler. His butler nodded, "Aye, indeed my lord." he answered. Lord Matthews walked into the mansion, while his butler stayed behind. When his lord was out of hearing range he smiled, "But also, she has a bounty on her head that shall make me rich beyond my very dreams."

Last edited by Cheaka Higarashi on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

The Black Smoke Thief Empty Re: The Black Smoke Thief

Post by Purplez with a Z Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:51 am

{this took SO long!!}
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:29 am

Chapter2; The Balls Guest of Honor

Renne was in a dress shop looking for a ball gown. She had chosen 2 to her liking. One an elegant emerald green dress with a tough of class or an old Victorian black and red laced dress with white ruffles exposed in the front. "Zane, which one would be better to wear to the ball?" she asked him. Zane looked up, "Green ain't thee gre'tist color on ye ma'am. Thee black 'n red would make ye.....more beau'iful ma'am." he answered. She nodded and put the green dress back, "The black and red one it is then."
After she bought it and Zane placed it in the coach, "Lets get goin' ma'am." he said. Renne shivered, someone, a man dressed as a butler was watching her every move. "Zane, go ahead. Meet me at my house. Get there right now, don't let anyone pull you over got it?" she said. Zane nodded, he knew of the situation, he had be there by his lady's side ever since she was exiled out of her old home. After he left, the butler walked up, "The alley way is a much better place to fight, Renne Hawthorne." he said. "My my, abandoned your master? Not a very good butler I suppose. But then again, you were never good at that, Jeff." she said walking into the alley way. The butler, Jeff, followed after her, his left hand glowing with a ill green light. "I suppose you've come for the bounty that was placed upon my head?" she asked no turning around. Jeff smiled, "Aye, and I would love to see you suffer!" he said. The sickly green light vanished from his hand and was heading towards Renne. She turned around as quick at light and blocked it with a black shield that was emanating from her right hand. "So, it is true. You have the soul of a demon. Only people with the soul of a demon have their magic color black!" he said. Renne smiled and lowered her hand, "That is what the council told me and its the reason they exiled me. Pitiful fools." she said, "From the bowls of thy earth, I called upon the winds!!" she recited. Jeff was knocked back by a black wind and landed in garbage, "The rumors are true also. You have learned one of the toughest spells known to our kind." he said staggering up. He fell down again and held his chest, "What the?! This isn't an ancient spell!!" he wheezed. She smiled, "Thats because, I made this spell. The spot where you were hit, your heart is turning to dust. I am not killing you, it is a curse which turns you to dust, thus loosing your ability to cast any magic after you have returned from being dust." she explained. Jeff, turned to dust. The dust was quickly gathered into a jar and Renne picked it up, "Poor soul won't even remember having such powers either." she said. She snapped her fingers and was at her home. "Welcome back ma'am. Shall I take this and put in the shed with the others?" asked Zane. She nodded and he walked off. "Now, I must prepare for the ball. Have the coach ready in 5." she said walking into her house.
"Lord Nocksford, please tell me who the guest of honor is!" demanded Lord Matthews. Lord Nocksford shook his head, "I am sorry my dear and young friend, but I'm afraid her name will be concealed until 8 o'clock tonight. It is only a half hour away my lord, you must have patience." he said. Lord Matthews sighed, "Alright. I'm awaiting a certain lady to come, I haven't seen her at your balls and parties before." he said walking away in disappointment.
Renne walked out of the coach, "By jolly, a fall'n angel 'as landed on earth." said Zane looking at her. "Thank you for your compliment Zane. Prepare a horse for tonight's capture." she instructed. "Aye ma'am." he said. As she watched the coach run off into the night, she walked into the ballroom. Lord Nocksford saw her and walked up, "By George you look lovely!" he said, "Dance with me, Lady Hawthorne." he said holding out his hand. "But of course. I must dance with the one who has invited me to this beautiful ball." she said accepting his hand. They walked out onto the dance floor, he place his hand on her waist and started to dance. "My my my lord, you have quick feet for an old man." she remarked. The lord smiled, "Thank you my dear. You are as light as a feather." he said. Lord Matthews saw Lord Nocksford greet a woman with a black and red Victorian dress, her light brown hair was neatly on her back, without a flaw and her emerald green eyes made her look like a dark angel. He walked up to Nocksford and stop him and her dancing, "May I?" he asked the lord. Nocksford nodded and walked away. The woman watched him leave and then looked up at him.
Renne saw the lord walk away and looked up at her new dance partner, "Pleased to meet you, my lord." she said. He looked at her, with intense ice blue eyes, "Pleased to meet you as well milady. I am Lord Christoff Matthews. I believed we met earlier today, but you never gave your name." he said. She smiled, to his surprise, "You never asked. But, you will know it soon enough, Lord Matthews." she said. He smiled and sighed, "Alright. Let us dance now. I wish to dance with you before it is 8." he said taking her hand and he put his hand on her waist. They started to dance, the music was classic and not too slow. He threw her out, only theirs hand still touching, making her dress swish to a right. He pulled her back in and dipped her and held it there, "Quite amazing dancing my lord. You took me by surprise." she said. He looked at her. Her hair was drooped to the floor, but it was so short that is was only an inch away. "Thank you milady. You are as light as air." he said. He pulled her up and she looked at Lord Nocksford, he motioned her to go over to him. Renne looked at Christoff, "I am sorry, but I must go and see what my dear friend wants." she said, leaving him.
"It is time to make your presence known my dear." said Nocksford. Renne nodded, "Alright." she said. Nocksford took her to the staircase and told her to hide behind the curtain, "Stay here until I announce your name." he said. She nodded in response. "Lords and ladies of London!! May I have you attention please!" yelled Lord Nocksford. Everyone stopped dancing and the music stooped, they all looked up at him. "We have a special guest tonight. She is the newest Lady here in London and most certainly a fallen angel to describe her beauty!!! Also is un-married!!! I give you; Lady Renne Hawthorne!!" he said. Renne walked out and smiled, "Pleased to meet all of you." she said. Christoff gaped. He had just danced with the newest and most beautifulest lady in London. Renne looked at Nocksford and whispered into his ear, "My stomach is not agreeing with me at the moment. May I use your washroom?" she asked. Nocksford nodded and she walked off into the mansion.
"Where did Lady Hawthorne go?" asked Christoff. "To the washroom my lord." answered Nocksford.
Renne snapped her fingers and she was in breeches and a tailcoat. "Time to grab that necklace." she said. She snapped her fingers and she was in Lord Nocksfords business room. She spotted the safe and smiled, "Easy." she said. She snapped her fingers and the safe opened. She grabbed the necklace and changed back into her dress. She stuffed the necklace into her bloomers and walked back into the ballroom. "Lord Nocksford, I'm afraid I must leave. I just saw the Black Smoke Thief run down the hallway with your wife's necklace." she lied, "I don't want my own necklace being stolen by her." Nocksford turned pale, "No way!!! Guard!! Let us capture the thief!!!!!!" he said running up the stairs. After she watched him turn a left, she snapped her fingers behind a curtain and was the thief again. She tied a bandanna around her mouth, it hanging from her nose. Her hair was in a small ponytail. The necklace was in her hand and she walked out into the open. She heard screams from the ladies and gasps from the lords, "I, the Black Smoke Thief has once again, stolen a precious jewel!" she bellowed. Two guards appeared behind her, "Freeze!!" the said, she could hear the fear in their voices. She smiled, "Make me." she said. She ran down the stairs and jumped down the last five steps. People screamed and moved out of her way when she was running. She skidded to a stop behind the entrance hall and she closed the doors. "That'll keep them busy for a while." she said. A hand grabbed her waist and mouth, "Shh." said a familiar voice, "Give me the necklace." She pulled off his hand, "I'd rather die." she answered. "I wouldn't allow such a thing, Miss Black." he said. She lifted her arm and hit him in the gut. "But, I would rather escape." she said. She looked at the man and gasped, the man was Christoff Matthews.
He looked up at her, her greens eyes looked forest green and her hair looked the darkest of brown. She ran away from him and then everything went black.

Last edited by Cheaka Higarashi on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amour Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:29 pm

{Hey, Cheaka numbers that are under ten have to be spelled out...AND LOVE THE STORY! NEED MORE!}
Amour
Amour
Time Lady
Time Lady

http://www.ninjazone.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 am

{thnx Mioko!!! Thnx you for reading it. ^^}
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 am

Chapter 3; The Black Smoke Thief's Arise to Fame

"But I saw her!!! I didn't get a good look at her face, only her dark chocolate hair and her beautiful forest green eyes." exclaimed Lord Christoff Matthews. His new butler, for his other had run off somewhere, sighed, "My lord, she is a thief and nothing more. Maybe she hit you in the head before she departed from you." he said with concern. Christoff sighed again and let his gaze wonder his room. His clothes were hidden in his pinewood wardrobe, his shoes at the bottom. He never liked wearing those white wigs, but he owned one, or the other lords would have a fit. His top sheet on his bed, which at the moment was covering his legs, had been switched from an ocean blue to a forest green. He did not want to forget his encounter with the Black Smoke Thief. "My lord? Have you been listening to me? Or have you lost your mind to that wench of a girl?" asked his butler. Christoff looked, no, glared at his new butler, "James, if you wish to work here any longer do not say that about any lady. Even if she is a thief." he said, his voice hinted anger. James bowed quickly, "Yes my lord. Please forgive my rudeness my lord." he said. "Apology accepted. Now leave me. I wish to be alone. Oh, and look for the Black Smoke Thief if you please, I wish to meet her again." he said, now his gaze focusing on the window. "Aye, right away my lord." said James. He bowed and hurried off to fulfill his masters request.
Renne paced back and forth in her bedroom. She was not wearing her thieving outfit but her black silk night gown. Her maid walked in, "Milady, perhaps you should eat something. You haven't had a bite to eat since before the ball, last night." she said. She looked at her maid, "Aye. Some toast and tea shall do nicely. Can't have me fattening up now. My work requires a fit and flexibly body." she said. Her maid smiled, "Of course. I shall be back milady." she said bowing and returning to the kitchen. "Alright. Today, Lord William has invited me to an afternoon tea. I should wear something.........blue." she said pausing her pace for a moment. She opened her wardrobe and saw a light blue dress. "Perfect." she said. She snapped her fingers and her nightgown had been replaced with the light blue Victorian dress, her corset had come with it as well. "There." she mumbled. The only thing that wasn't right was the back bow, "Blasted this bow." she said trying to reach for it. "Milady. Breakfast has been prepared. Oh dear, would you like some help milady?" asked her maid as she came in. "Aye. That would make things less complicated." she said. "Alright then." she said.
After Renne had eaten her breakfast and her bow tied by her maid, she was off towards Lord Williams Manor. She did not know what jewel lurked in the manor and just thinking about it made her more interested in the subject. Once she arrived, a butler opened her coach door, "We have been expecting you, Lady Hawthorne." he said, his voice deep, like an opera singers. "Sorry to have kept you and Lord William awaiting my arrival." she said. "Milady, you are not at fault. I was simply excited for your arrival and came out too early." he said. "I see." she said. She walked out and was escorted to the front lawn. "He obviously wants to show me off to the other mortals." she thought. "Bonjour belle dame! You look lovely in the light!!!" said a man with a french accent. "Bonjour bon seigneur. Thank you for your kind words Lord William. May I sit?" she asked. French was her home language. She lived in Paris but, she was exiled. "Mais bien sûr! The tea I have prepared is Earl Grey. I hear it is greatly favored here in London. My pretty lady, how did you learn to speak French so beautifully?" he asked. "Je vous remercie. If you must know, I lived in Paris since I was 18, but I wanted to see London, so here I am." she said. "Pas du tout! No wonder you are a beauty!!!" he said. Lord William took a few sips of his tea. "Oui. My lord, I heard rumors that you have a beautiful jewel that lies in your manors bowls. Is it true?" she asked. The lord gazed up at her, "But of course it is true!!! I have beautiful ruby earrings and they are shaped like the Eiffel Tower!!" he exclaimed. "Merveilleux! May I ask where they are hidden, fiend beau?" she asked. The lord smiled curtly, "Of course! In my bedroom, on my black-wood lamp table." he answered. A clock rang its bells, saying it was 1. "Regardez le temps! I am terribly sorry my lord but I have been called upon by Lord Christoff Matthews a quarter after 1. This was a lovely afternoon tea. I shall come again at your request." she said, bowing and then walking off in a haste. "Adieu belle bête!" he yelled. She grunted and walked on. She wondered what Christoff wanted. She hoped it was nothing about her masked identity.
"My lord, I have asked Lady Renne Hawthorne to come. She seems to know about the thief. Though others said she was the thief." reported James. Christoff had his hands neatly on his laps, awaiting for his next appointment. "Impossible. Lady Hawthorne has emerald green eye, not forest green. Her hair color is a milk chocolate brown, nowhere near dark chocolate." exclaimed Christoff. Although the two girls looked as if they could be sisters. "Never-mind. Has she arrived?" he asked in a stern voice. "Yes. Her coach is outside and she is on her way in, my lord." he said. Renne walked through the door, "OH, am I intruding?" she asked in an earnest voice. "Not at all milady." said Christoff, his icy gaze piercing threw her, "You may sit. Leave us James." he said. James closed the door after he left. "What is it you want my lord? I do believe you know my name." she said. "I know your name, Lady Renne Hawthorne. But, the reason I brought you here is different. Word on the street says that you and the Black Smoke Thief have contacted each other. Is this true?" he asked. Renne sighed, trying to hide her nervousness, "She is nothing more than jewel thief my lord. But if you must know, she tried to pickpocket me a few nights ago. The only contact I have made with her, I assure you my lord." she said, the lie wrapped around her sweet voice. "I see. I am very sorry to hear that, Lady Hawthorne." he said, his voice not caring in the least. "Please tell me if you've made contact of her again. You are dismissed." he said. Renne sat up, bowed and exited the room. She would have to be more alert. The fact that Christoff was looking for her was nothing near good.
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:32 am

{ Bonjour belle dame: hello beautiful lady. Bonjour bon seigneur: hello kind lord. Mais bien sûr: but of course. Je vous remercie: thank you. Pas du tout: no way. oui: yes Merveilleux: wonderful. fiend beau: handsome fiend, on that one i was trying to make it more cool sounding. Regardez le temps: look at the time. Adieu belle bête: good bye beautiful beast.}
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 am

Chapter 4; The Too Close Encounter

Renne finished buttoning up her tail coat. She looked at herself in the mirror, "No too shabby. I should use a different bandanna this time." she said. She took out a light green bandanna and tied it around her nose and mouth, her hair was already in a ponytail. Her bangs hung down from her forehead, almost reaching her eyes. "I'm off Zane. Is my horse prepared?" she asked. "Aye ma'am. I hope ye has a good steal and that not'in 'appens to ye." he said. She threw her right leg over the horse, "I'm off. If anyone asks my whereabouts, tel them I'm out on business and shall return in the morning." she said. Zane nodded, knowing the repeated routine. She nodded, "Heyaw!!" she said softy, telling the horse to go. The horse started of with a short trot, then a walk which formed into a gallop.
When she arrived at Lord Williams Manor, she tied the horse to a tree and snapped her fingers. Now, in the lords home, she walked among the various rooms, looking for the lords bedroom. She slowly opened a black-wood door and smiled. She had found the lords room and on a black-wood lamp table, were the ruby earrings shaped like the Eiffel Tower. She slowly semi-closed the door, making sure not to close it all the way or she'd lock herself in with the sleeping lord. She tip-toed towards the table, her bare feet not making a sound against the wooden floor. She glanced at the sleeping lord, his blond hair a dark honey color in the moon light. She smiled, "All to easy. Sleep well my lord." she said. She grabbed the earrings and carefully set them in her coat pocket. She heard foot steps coming her way, "Blasted!! He put his guards on patrol!!" she thought, her teeth clenching. She dropped down to the floor, like a panther hiding from the hunters. The guard came by and shut the door. "Blasted idiot." she hissed. She looked at the window, "My only way out." she said. She walked over to it and struggled to open it. When she opened it, the lord stirred. He looked at her, "Que faites-vous?!" he asked. "Voler vos bijoux bien sûr." she answered. Out the window she went. She landed on her ankle and she heard a small snap, "Crap, I've broken my ankle." she cursed. Four guards turned a corner and saw her, "There she is!!!" they yelled. "You don't have to yell." she said. She stood up and flinched. Her ankle wasn't in shape to run. "Take thy pain from thee." she whispered. She could no longer feel pain in her ankle. "She ran from them. They followed her, of course. "Lightning strike thy earth." she whispered. Then, lightning stuck the earth, directly in front of the guards. She then untied her horse and rode off into the night, with her broken ankle and her stolen jewels.
Christoff awoke, hearing lightning strike the earth. He looked out his window, but not a single cloud lingered in the night sky. "Very.........interesting." he said out loud.
"Ow!!! Mary, I can heal the bone myself. Leave and prepare me some tea!!" said Renne. Her magic spell had worn off and her now swollen ankle was in bandages. Mary nodded and left. Renne's hand glowed an eerie gray color, "The broken shall be healed, the shattered will be mended." she repeated. Her swelling went down and the bone had been mended. But, it left a sprained ankle. "Crutches, appear before me." she said. Two wooden crutches appeared in front of her. She grabbed them and walked down the hallway, "Mary, the tea is ready I presume?" she asked. Mary nodded and handed it to her, "Here ye are, milady." she said, pouring the tea, "Ma'am, shall I fetch your robe? A man said that he will arrive here in five minutes." "What?! The mans name Mary!! His name." she said. "The man did not give out his name. I am sorry ma'am." she answered.
Renne sat at her table, watching the door like it might explode. She heard a coach come up and stop, some men speaking and laughing. Lord Williams walked in the door, to her surprise, "Qu'est-ce que votre entreprise ici?" she asked. "You, you are that wench of a thief!!! Your ankle provides the proof." he said in an angry tone. "Excuse me my lord but you are mistaken. The thief has dark brown hair, not light. She also has dark forest green eyes, not emerald." she said. The lord slammed his hands down onto the table, "Impossible!!! How does this thief know french then?? Hmm?? I would be delighted to here your theory." he said, his voice near yelling. "My lord, do not use that tone of voice in my house hold. I will not tolerate such behavior. Perhaps she was born in a village in France. Where do you come up with these silly accusations?! Leave my house, before I call upon my guards!!" she said, almost yelling herself.
Lord Williams left without a word. Renne was tired and she was alert. The encounter with Lord William was too close. She would have to be more careful with her actions, or she might be caught in her act. Even more nerve racking, they might find out that she is a magical being called, a witch.
Christoff Matthews slammed his hands down on the table, "Are you telling me the truth, Lord William? You think Renne Hawthorne is the thief but you also think she is a witch?! Absurd!!!!!! Un-heard of!!!!!! You have gone mad my lord. Witches are a myth an old fairytale at best but no, not real!!" he said, nearly yelling. Lord William sighed, "Lord Matthews, what I say is true!! If you don't believe me, go to her house!! It's at the edge of town, where no one goes anymore!! The thief had broken or sprained her right ankle. When I went to visit Lady Hawthorne this morning and her right ankle was sprained. My men said that the thief had broken her ankle, but she ran on it. They say that she healed it, but not completely. Therefore, Lady Hawthorne fits the thief perfectly!!! She was at the ball when Lord Nocksfords necklace was stolen, but she was never seen during the theft. Yesterday, I told her about my jewels that I had which only I knew of and no one else and then the thief stole them the same night!!!!" he exclaimed. Christoff called his butler and made Lord William go home. He sat in his office, thinking of what the lord had said. The thief and Renne Hawthorne did look alike. Could she maybe the thief or was she just a stand in, he wondered. But soon enough, his would have his answers, for he had set a bounty for her. He would have the thief no matter what.
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amour Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:09 am

(MORE)(Pweasw?)
Amour
Amour
Time Lady
Time Lady

http://www.ninjazone.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

{yea yea. soon enough., ^^}
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh my gosh, you need to publish this! I read this in one sitting (which I usually never do) and oh my word, it's amazing!
Love
Unknown Poet
Unknown Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:33 pm

{thank you. Big Grin }
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:40 am

Chapter 5; A Wealthy Reward for A Sneaky Thief?

Renne sighed. At the moment she was on her way to go to the Witches Market. Only magical creatures like herself new where it resides. "Stop here Zane, no need for anyone to follow us." she informed. "Yes ma'am." he said. Once the coach stopped, she stepped out into an empty alley. "Good. Now to make myself blend in with the crowd." she said. She snapped her finger's and her fancy dress had turned into a dress of rags. Her brown hair was now shadowed with gray and now, she looked nothing like a Countess, instead, she looked like an everyday worker woman. She smiled as the coach disappeared into black smoke that had coiled over her right hand. She walked down the alley way and turned a right. She saw an old man and smiled, "Hello Michael, long time no see." The old man, Michael, looked up, "Bah, says the Black Smoke Thief. I knew it twas ya. Only one witch is smart 'nough to befriend 'em Lords and that tis you." he said. Renne smiled, "Glad you know where my place stands Michael. Now, could you open the wall? You ARE the gate guard." she said. Michael made a 'hmph' sound and then he touched the wall next to him. It disappeared and behind it was the Witches Market. "Thank you Michael, I'll be on my way then." she said with a wicked smile as she walked into the Witches Realm.
Renne was at the magical flower shop, looking for the 'sleeping flower'. "Good sir, where might I find the Flower dormiens?" she asked. "Flower dormiens? There's 3 kinds. A red, a blue and a green. Which color?" he asked. "Which one is best for long term sleep?" she asked back. The shopkeeper smiled, "A quis ausu eh? You want the green. I'll get it for ya, be right back miss." he said, as he left to go get it. Renne took out a piece of paper, "Alright, Flower dormiens, check. I just need to get nympha aquae and romania mare herba and I'll have a sleeping potion ready in no time." she said. The man came back with a single green Flower dormiens. "Here you are. That'll be 3 Merlin's." he said. She paid him the 3 Merlin's and walked out. Her next stop was the water and grass shop.
When Renne purchased the remaining ingredients, she walked out of the brick walk to see that Michael was gone. "Weird old coot." she said. She walked out into the open street, when a man walked in front of her, "Lady, you look like a sweet treat." he said, his words both cunning and charming, "I've decided that you'll be my treat for the night." he said, his smirk almost ghostly. "I wouldn't even take a look at something like you. I would rather marry a goat than to be your treat for a night sir." she said, walking past him. He grabbed her arm and pulled her back, making her face him, "You better come willingly lady. I don't want to use this." he said, pulling out a knife. Renne smiled, though her cloak shrouded it, "Don't mess with the wrong woman sir, or you might end up with a bad disease." she said. "What rubbish are you talking about?" he asked.
Christoff was in his coach, looking out his window when he saw a woman being bullied by a man. "Stop the coach!" he shouted. The coach stopped and he jumped out. He then grabbed the mans arm, "Sir, get off that woman. Clearly she doesn't want to go home with a pig as such as yourself." he said. The man looked at him and his face said it all; he was scared and it looked at though the man would go in his pants. "Yes Mord Matthews! How foolish of me! I'll never bully a woman in my life ever again!" he said. After he bowed, he ran off. The woman looked at him, though he could only see her lips and chin. "Kind sir, thank you. But I was just fine you see. All the man wanted was to see my face, but I told him it would hurt my honor towards my family." she said. Christoff sighed, "I am but a gentleman. I could not let you be bullied more, that would hurt my honor also. But for a thank you, may I atleast see your eyes?" he asked. The woman nodded, "Of course." she said. She pulled the cloak back a little, and looked at him. He gasped, "I am sorry, but I need to go!" he said, though this was a lie. He ran back to his coach and handed her a paper. Then he was gone.
Renne watched the coach disappear from her sight and then looked at the paper Christoff had given her. She nearly burnt it with her black fire magic; the paper was a reward sheet. Not for a murderer or a lost item, but for her. Christoff had placed a reward on her safe capture. "Great," she said, "I have a bounty on my head in the human and magical world. Just was I needed."
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 am

Chapter 6; She meets her unwanted fiancee`?

Renne looked at her ankle. It was healed, because her maid force fed her disgusting healing potions. Those stupid books that tell that the healing potion is tasteless are down right wrong. She had gotten dressed in a light green sun dress with a sun hat. It was finally summer and that would mean more and more balls for her to attend every night. Today, her old friend Nocksford had asked her to meet his nephew. She knew the reason why, because Nocksford wanted her and his nephew to fall in love. But, she had no time for love as long as she was a thief stealing famous jewels. She walked outside and saw Zane, he horseman, "Lets go. We're already late." she said, walking into the coach. "Yes ma'am. Hold on please." he said. Once she was in the coach, Zane had fixed the problem. So, she was on her way to meet Nocksfords nephew.

{this is it for now but i'll write more later I promise!!!!}

Last edited by Cheaka Higarashi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:12 am

*Applauds* YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! xD
Love
Unknown Poet
Unknown Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 am

eheh thnx. :3
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Doishitemasta. =] (Your welcome. xD)
Love
Unknown Poet
Unknown Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:13 am

Chapter 6; She meets her unwanted fiancee`? {Cont.}
Renne sighed at she sat across from Nocksfords nephew, who's name was John. "What an old fashioned name." she thought. "John, this is a friend of mine, Renne Hawthorne. She's just moved in from....where what it again Renne dear?" asked Nocksford. Renne smiled, "I was born in this town but when I turned 15 I had to move away with my parents to France. I speak the language as well. In-fact Lord William had invited me over a few days ago and we both said many french remarks." she said. Lord Nocksford grumbled, "Lord William is nothing but a fool!"
"Then he's a rich fool." she remarked.
John laughed, "That was quite funny Miss Hawthorne." She smiled, "Oh please, call me Renne." she said, when in reality she thought, "He's trying to woo me. How pitiful for him." Lord Nocksford nodded, "I suppose so. Well, I need to catch up on some paperwork." he said, "You two ;lay nice now." John waved at hs uncle and then tured to Renne, "He wants you and I to get married." he said. Renne sighed, "I'm not as dumb as you think I am John. Also, I don't like the whole marriage idea." she stated as she sipped her tea. He smiled, "Me neither. I'll tell him you aren't the right woman for me. You look too secretive." "And it's one of my best qualities. Well, It was a pleasure but I must go. Good day to you John." she said, standing up.
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Love Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:38 am

I forgot about this! =O * Remembers how much I love it* Oh yeah. o3o
Love
Unknown Poet
Unknown Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplez with a Z Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:58 am

lol, and..... OMG!!! It's L~!!!!!!! :O I LOVE him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Purplez with a Z
Purplez with a Z
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum